Friday 26 July 2013

Day 22: Swakopmund


We didn’t have any specific plans for today other than just window shopping. After having a breakfast at the hostel we went for a walk in the town. The only goal was to check out the curio shops and buy some souvenirs if we find something interesting. We stopped by the beach to do some photography. I also took the time to check my emails, which I haven’t done for the last 3 weeks. I had applied to some jobs before I left and wanted to see if there are any responses to it. There had been some and I sent quick replies promising to get in touch again once I am back home in Germany.
The Lady and I continued with our window shopping latter on. I bought some paintings from one of the craft shops and then went back to the hostel at noon to have our lunch and a small break. In the afternoon we were back in the town popping in and out of shops again. As the sun started setting down we spent some time in the beach. The Lady was in a better mood today. At least she showed some interest in chatting a bit, which was nice. We went to the light house restaurant in the evening for our dinner. We were at the same place around 2.5 years before while we were both doing the volunteer project with the desert elephants. Our friendship started with the ellies in the deserts of Namibia. Now we are back here at the same place where it all started. And now I feel like our friendship has turned one complete circle. I invited her for the dinner. I felt like doing it, a parting dinner perhaps? Glad that she accepted it. Little bit of chatting and watching her talk made my evening.

When we were walking back to the hostel along the same street as before I realised how different it is now when compared to the old times. We were closer then, and now we are more like strangers, “travel buddies” as she would say. Missed the good old days!

No comments:

Post a Comment