Friday 26 July 2013

Call of Kalahari

Kalahari called, and I went. It was as simple as that. Of course I had to wait for years to make it happen. Now back from the african bush after 4 weeks, I am feeling lost, depressed and alone. My heart is in Africa, in the bush with the nature. I find peace there. Even when I was standing scared infront of the 6 ton ellie, deep inside me I felt that this is where I belong. I don't know whether it is Africa that soothes my heart, or the nature with its wildlife, or both. For that may be I should explore the other nature parks in other continents. But if I had an option between africa and europe, I will definitely select africa. However, I cannot deny that its europe that gave me the chance to explore this wonder continent.

Kalahari always inspired me from the moment I stepped into africa for the first time. Something mysterious, something challenging and something that I felt like calling me. My temptations got skyrocketed after I red the "Cry of Kalahari" from Mark and Delia Owens. Though it is a trip that is on the limits of what I can spend on a holiday (and it turned out to be so), there was no stopping me after reading that book. And so I called this trip the "Call of Kalahari". For me, that was what it was - Kalahari calling me!

I am really happy that I could do this trip with "the Lady". There was no one else I could think of to join me in this incredible journey. And I was really happy when she showed interest. I think we are the same species, same amount of craziness, same amount of love for this wonderful continent and similar views. Moreover, she is my dear friend. But this trip also reveled the nature of our relationship. It left me with a lot of unanswered questions. Did I go wrong somewhere? Have I lost her for ever?

I missed my father. He came on my dreams, couple of times. Didn't look happy. Wonder what he would have thought about this adventure of mine. Will he ever be able to understand me? Or is he disappointed of me? No matter what the answer is, he means a lot to me. Wish I could be with him again. Where ever you are, I want you to know that I love you a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment