Tuesday 27 February 2018

Day 14: Spitzkoppe Camp


 Today is 24th December, we didn’t go anywhere and decided to relax at the camp. After breakfast we decided to walk to the reception to book for one more night at the camp. As our campsite was the farthest from the gate it took almost an hour to reach the reception. I also bought some souvenirs from there. The return to the campsite was more strenuous as it was close to noon and the temperature was at it maximum. Still there was some nice breeze to cool as down a little. We took almost an hour again to reach back to the campsite, a good exercise. Afternoon we dozed off in our tent, which was hot inside. But the mild breeze helped again. As it is Christmas eve Bru called home using our satellite phone. I called one of my friends back home to say that everything is ok so far. Before leaving home I left the route map with more or less approximate dates with my friend so that they can raise alarm when I don’t show up in the designated spots in time. Just a safety backup, which I do for all my roadtrips.

I thought of calling Gela, and then decided against it. Though it hurts, it’s not worth I guess. Wished it was different. At night I prepared the campfire. We had chicken and some chocolate that we bought from Hentis bay. Some barbeque, a dessert, and cold beer around campfire, under the stunning African skies; what a way to celebrate Christmas in the wild, we simply loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment