Friday 23 August 2013

Day 13: Leh


Shanti Stupa
My flight back home is in two days time. I decided not to do anything and relax the two days here. After breakfast I wrote all the post cards that I wanted to send today. I didn’t have the mailing address of some of them, but the rest I wanted to post today.

I went to the town in the morning. Walked around the Tibetan refugee shops where they sold beautiful handicrafts. If I had the money I would have bought all of them. In the end I bought a prayer wheel and a statue of sleeping Buddha. I wanted to send it as parcel to home as my luggage is already a little bit overweight.
I went out in the afternoon again to have a small lunch in the town. I didn’t spend much time there, came back and had a shower. In the evening I did some timelapsing of the Santi Stupa. Am and I went out for dinner at night. I invited her so as to thank her for massaging my shoulders during the trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment