Tuesday 31 December 2013

Cinque Terre Hike

Italy is my favourite country in Europe. I usually end up travelling in Italy atleast once in a year. Though I live in Germany, I feel more comfortable and pleasant to travel in Italy than in Germany. Especially when compared to the weather, Germany is not at all an attractive option. More over I like the Italian culture, and of course the Italian girls.
The moment I saw the picture of Cinque Terre in some website, I marked it in my mind to go there some day. But the fact that it’s a bit far away from any of the biggest international airports made me postpone the trip more often. The hike was never in my mind as I didn’t know that one can hike from one fishing village to the other. I came to know about it only when I tried to figure out the nearest airport I could fly to from where I live. Once it was clear that hiking between the villages is the best way to see the region I was excited. I am an outdoor person, so the possibility of hiking was like God send.
I didn’t want to do the hike alone. I checked with some of my Italian friends – too busy, other commitments etc. Then I checked with Bru. I was half optimistic as he is busy most of the time. To my luck, he was very keen to do it. We decided to fly to Milan and take the train to the first village. Since Milan is a big airport, we had the chance to find more cheap flight options. In May I had a long weekend from Thursday till Sunday due to some kind of religious holidays. So we decided to go for the hike on that weekend. 4 days means we had the luxury of doing the hike at a leisure pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment