Friday 15 July 2016

South India in Summer : Chased By The Rains


This trip was virtually about staying ahead of the monsoon.  What I had in mind was a mix up of destinations that will give an impression about the people, culture, and landscape.
Start: Kochi, Munnar, Madurai, Nagarhole NP, Mysore, Uduppi, Goa, End: Kochi
 
There are few places in India where you could travel in the summer. And those regions are either in the mountain regions close to the Himalayas in the North or in some hill stations in the different part of India. Those places, for obvious reasons will be usually heavily crowded and expensive.  Being from the South of India I had only a couple of hill stations – Ooty and Kodaikanal -  as option. But I am sick of crowds and I was not interested in staying at one place for such a long time. The time frame I had in mind was 3 weeks.  And I was not travelling alone, but with a close friend who is from abroad. Its her first time in India and so it made more sense to travel around and being stuck at one place. Having said that I was not sure how she will cope with the heat, in addition to the chaos and pollution that India is famous for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment